Present: Cllrs Mrs. Hosking, Laity, Vincent, Mrs. Scrase, Trudgen, Read, Row, Eddy, Mrs. Mitchell & Mrs. Reynolds
Apologies: Cllr Britten and Cllr Mrs. Sue Nicholas CC
Public Speaking: None
Minutes of the Meeting held on 8th November 2016
333. The Minutes having been circulated previously it was proposed by Cllr Row and seconded Cllr Trudgen that the minutes were deemed to be a true and correct record, carried unanimously but with Cllr Laity abstaining as he had not then been present
Matters arising from previous Minutes
334. Minute 321. Folly Field toilets. The clerk read out the e-mail he had received from Mr. Nick Harvey. Cllr Vincent reported that notwithstanding the Estate’s plumber’s finding that there was no leak, the meter had stopped when the water was turned off, but started to go round as soon as it was turned on again, even though no facility was being used. It was agreed at the clerk’s suggestion, that a councillor discuss the situation with the Estate’s plumber. Cllr Row agreed to undertake this.
Report by Chair of Footpath, Cemetery and Allotments sub-committee.
335. Cllr Mitchell reported on the moss on the Memorial Garden paths. She said the main walkway wasn’t in too bad a state, but the side paths were in a bad state. Cllr Reynolds will investigate the acquisition of moss killer which, she reminded the council, could not be used when the moss was wet.
Other Councillors’ reports
336. Cllr Scrase gave a report on the western area planning training conference that she had attended
337. Cllr Laity reported that he and the clerk had this day been to MCC Systems Ltd and purchased a new computer and allied equipment
338. Cllr Read reported that the fencing had now been erected round the Folly Field playground, and enquired whether some better signage should be put up, explaining what was being undertaken and that it was being undertaken with the generous support of the Estate. Cllr Reynolds proposed that 4 signs be obtained from the company in Hayle that usually provides signs for the Council. This was seconded by Cllr Read and carried unanimously. The wording for the signage was settled.
339. Applications for planning permission
PA16/10253. Rear two storey extension including extension of existing balcony and installation of side windows on ground floor. 6 Godolphin Terrace. Mr. & Mrs. G. Beckett. Before this application was considered, Cllr Read declared an interest and left the room. He also disclosed an interest in all the following applications and remained outside the room until they had all been determined. It was proposed by Cllr Trudgen that this application be supported. Seconded by Cllr Vincent and carried unanimously but with 1 abstention.
PA16/07243. The erection of a rotating spherical garden pod, seating 6 people and constructed of glass and wood. The pod will be sited on the existing flat roof of the house, but would not exceed the current maximum roof height. The pod is a temporary structure that could be moved to the garden at a later date. Spinnakers, Wheal an Wens. Mr. L. Charlton. Cllr Laity declared an interest before this application and left the room before it was considered and returned only after it had been determined. It was proposed by Cllr Eddy that the application be supported, subject to the Conservation Officer being happy. This was seconded by Cllr Trudgen and carried by 4 votes in favour, with 1 against and 3 abstentions.
PA16/10583. Extension of roof to form first floor living accommodation. Replacement ground floor front and rear extensions. Installation of rooflights on front roof slope. Bar View, 33 Godolphin Terrace. Mr. & Mrs. J. Brind. It was proposed by Cllr Eddy that the application be supported. This was seconded by Cllr Vincent and carried by 5 votes in favour with 4 abstentions.
PA16/08907. Additional works to create first floor amenity/roof terrace area and installation of roof light (previously approved PA15/11538). Seacrest, Leys Lane. Mr. Christopher James Menear. It was proposed by Cllr Laity that the application be opposed in that the plans were inadequate as they failed to show how access would be gained to the roof terrace and it was unsafe to access it through the Velux window, which seemed, from the plan, to be the only way. This was seconded by Cllr Scrase and carried by 8 votes in favour with 1 abstention.
Any others received by the time of the meeting on 22nd November 2016. None
The Council noted that the following planning permission had been granted:
PA16/08668. Mr. Tim Stevens. Marazion Hotel, The Square. Listed Building Consent: replacement like for like of 9no windows to first and second floors on south elevation. Replacement of existing UPVC gutters and downpipes with Heritage aluminium deep flow equivalent. Repairs/reconstruction to chimneys.
And that no notification had been received that any planning application had been refused
340. The clerk reported that the following had been received:-
- (A) Mr. Glover’s playground inspection report of 4th November 2016. This was noted
- (B) Clerks and Councils Direct (2 copies). This was noted.
- (C) The Clerk Magazine. This was noted
- (D) E-mail of thanks form Cornwall Mobility for Sand Chair donation
341. The clerk reported on the following:
- (A) Replacement of Christmas decorative lights for the Town Hall. It was proposed by Cllr Laity that the Council spend up to a limit of £100.00 for some new Christmas decorations. This was seconded by Cllr Vincent and carried unanimously. Cllrs Eddy and Mitchell will go and see what City Electrical have on offer.
- (B) Receive and adopt the “Planning Protocols” documents. It was proposed by Cllr Scrase, seconded by Cllr Trudgen, that these be adopted. Carried unanimously.
- (C) Water bill for the toilets in the Square. After discussion it was agreed that Cllr Trudgen would investigate this, as he had volunteered to do so. Cllr Row mentioned that there was an overflow dripping pipe outside the “Ladies”.
- (D) Letter from St. Ives Constituency Conservative Association of 16th November 2016, regarding a proposal to change the constituency’s name. This was noted and as opinion was divided, it was decided to make no comment.
Financial and Confidential matters
342. Receive Bank Reconciliation Statement, Profit & Loss Account, Prior Year Report and Budget Variance Report October. These having been previously circulated were noted.
343. Receipts and Payments
- St Aubyn Lands (quarter’s rent for car park and Beach Box) £12,175.00
- Mr F. I. J. Nicholas (garage rent) £ 50.00
- Burroughs & Kearey (Mrs. Matthews’ interment) £484.00
- Pendle Funeral Services (Mrs. Kidner’s interment) £574.00
- Alfred Smith & Son (Mrs. Best’s interment) £574.00
Approve the payments listed on the payments schedule
- Miller Commercial LLP. (various works 03.03.15 to 20.11.16) £5,400.00
- Vaughan Glover (playground inspection) £35.00
- H&A Recycling Ltd (emptying waste bin 4th October) £31.14
- J. Beard. (Sexton’s fees) £ 290.00
- Cornish Heritage Builders (2 repairs to Folly Field toilets in April) £428.13
- Repairs to door, urinal and main supply£219.88
- Urinal not flushing, 3 faulty pans, valve repair £208.25
- Royal British Legion (Poppy wreath donation) £100.00
- MCC Systems Limited (new computer, printer etc.) £842.38
- EDF (Sundry direct debits) £149.00
It was proposed by Cllr Row, seconded by Cllr Mitchell, that the payments be paid. Carried unanimously.
344 There being no further business the Deputy Mayor closed the meeting at 20.40 hours.