Important help for the community
Marazion, as a community, is pulling together to support those who need to self-isolate or just need help. Community organisations including Marazion Town Council, the Chamber of Commerce, churches and the Marazion Covid Support Group are working with volunteers around the town.
This page is a community resource and will be updated regularly with latest information.
Marazion Covid Support Group
For those of you who are self-isolating and do not have an alternative offer of help from your family, friends or neighbours, please call the Marazion Covid Support Group help line on 01736 339282.
We have volunteers in Marazion willing to help you with errands like doing your shopping, collecting prescriptions, exercising your dog etc.
The helpline number will be monitored between 8am and 8pm every day until further notice. If there is no reply please do leave an answerphone message and we will respond to you ASAP.
The helpline is for non-urgent matters, NOT for emergencies, or medical advice / support.
If you use facebook please join the Marazion Covid Support Group Facebook group to keep up to date with chat about the voluntary effort in Marazion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1132556773747347/
Please do not use Facebook to ask for support as your details will be in the public domain. For support always call the helpline numberIf you would like to download and print off the postcards for yourself, please visit this link.
An A4 poster is also available to download and print – please display in your window.
Volunteering and Staying Safe Guide
We have put together and attach a ‘Volunteer and Staying Safe’ guide which sets out some of the safeguards you need to observe when delivering prescriptions or shopping. It is based on current government advice so please make yourself familiar with it if you are helping our community.
A small number of businesses in the town are able to continue providing a service for the community.
Please follow the Marazion facebook page for up to date information on the reduced services they are providing at:
The government has produced a guide for working safely during the coronavirus pandemic, it’s available to download from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Help for businesses…
For local businesses who are concerned about how coronavirus is impacting them, please visit the Growth Hub for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly at www.ciosgrowthhub.com/business-resilience.
Marazion Community Information
Playgrounds and toilets
The Town Council reviews the requirement to close the two childrens playgrounds regularly. The playgrounds are open at the moment.
The Square public toilets remain closed for the time being and the Folly Field toilets will only be open at weekends and during the school holidays during the winter period.
Libraries – good news!
Newspapers, magazines and ebooks are available free of charge to Marazion residents through the Borrowbox and Press Reader services.
All you need is your library card number. If you If you do not already have a library card you can register online for one using this link https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/libraries/using-the-library/how-to-join/
- Find out more and register with your library card number at:
Borrowbox (ebooks and audiobooks) at https://www.borrowbox.com/
- PressReader (newspapers and magazines) at https://www.pressreader.com/catalog
COMMUNITY UPDATES FROM MARAZION TOWN COUNCIL & CORNWALL COUNCIL
Act of Parliament, detailing all of the emergency measures including full details of requirements to close businesses, and restrictions on public movement during the Covid 19 Pandemic: The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020
- Cornwall Council Covid-19 Community Toolkit
- Cornwall Council: Coronavirus Advice Links
- Cornwall Council: COVID-19 Directory of Support Countywide
- Cornwall Council: Update on Household Waste and Recycling Centres
- Garden waste collections
- Cornwall Council warns residents to be alert to Covid 19 internet fraud – don’t let scammers click and collect (external link to Cornwall Council)
- Fire Service warning about bonfires, barbecues and lanterns
- Health and Social Care Update: 9 April 2020
- Update from Marazion Town Council: 8 April 2020
- Cornwall Council statement for holiday accommodation providers: 6 April 2020
- Proud to care: 31 March 2020
- Cornwall Link: 31 March 2020
- Buses and bus timetables: 31 March 2020
- Car parks: 31 March 2020
- Registration of births, deaths and marriages: 31 March 2020
- Council tax support: 31 March 2020
- Scam advice: 31 March 2020
- Food parcels: 31 March 2020
- New COVID-19 WhatsApp information service: 31 March 2020
- Notice to allotment holders: 28 March 2020
- RNLI Lifeguards: 27 March 2020
- School buses: 27 March 2020
- Truro Park and Ride: 27 March 2020
- Rail: 27 March 2020
- Cornwall Airport Newquay: 27 March 2020
- Services to and from the Isles of Scilly: 27 March 2020
- Penzance Heliport: 27 March 2020
- Environment and Public Protection at Cornwall Council – Dogs on leads: 26 March 2020
- Cornwall Council – Library services: 26 March 2020
Message from the Town Council
The Government, National Health Service and Cornwall Council are obviously taking the lead in relation to the Corona (COVID 19) Virus in the county.
However, yesterday several Councillors from Marazion Town Council, met with representatives from local organisations to ensure there was a co-ordinated approach to the situation within our Town.
Those representatives were from The Chamber of Commerce, The Church, The Chapel and the Marazion Corona (COVID 19) Community Support For At Risk Groups. The main concern for those attending was to ensure that the more vulnerable within our community are identified and helped.
Whilst it is important to comply with Government Health advice, it is incumbent on all of us to ensure the vulnerable are not forgotten and are taken care of. If we all work together, and with a strong community spirit, our Town will get through this very difficult time.
Should you have any concerns please contact the Town Clerk or one of your Town Councillors who will endeavour to help where possible.
Details of The Clerk (who only works mornings, Monday- Friday) and the Councillors can be found on the Town Hall noticeboard or on the Community section of website.
Please stay safe and look after each other.
Marazion Town Council
Marazion COVID-19 Response Forum Meeting minutes
- Meeting minutes, Wednesday 10th March 2021
- Meeting minutes, 24th February 2021
- Meeting minutes, Wednesday 3rd February 2021
- Meeting minutes, Wednesday 27th January 2021
- Meeting minutes, 13th January 2021
- Meeting Minutes, 6th January 2021
- Meeting Minutes, 14th December 2020
- Meeting minutes, November 23rd 2020
- Meeting minutes, Monday 23rd November 2020
- Meeting minutes, Monday 9th November 2020
- Meeting minutes, Monday 26th October 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 5th October 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 14th September 2020
- Meeting minutes, 24th August 2020
- Meeting minutes, 27th July 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 13th July 2020
- Meeting Minutes, Monday 6th July 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 29th June 2020
- Meeting minutes, Monday 22nd June 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 15th June 2020
- Meeting minutes, 8th June 2020
- Meeting Minutes, June 1, 2020
- Meeting minutes, 25th May 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 18th May 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 11th May 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 4th May 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 27th April 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 20th April 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 13th April 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 6th April 2020
- Meeting Minutes, 30th March 2020