MARAZION TOWN COUNCIL
Meeting 17/20 7th October 2020
TO ALL COUNCILLORS There is to be a meeting of the Town Council on Tuesday 13th October 2020 at 19.30 hours. This will be an on-line, Zoom, Meeting
A meeting of the Town Council is to be held on Tuesday 13th October 2020 via Zoom online (virtual meeting) to discuss the items on the agenda as listed. Your attendance is required and welcomed. If you are unable to attend and need to send apologies please do so in good time to the Town Clerk.
Members of the Public, who wish to speak at, or view, the meeting should send their e-mail address to the Mayor, Cllr Derek Laity, so a Zoom invitation can be sent just before the start of the meeting. Cllr Laity’s e-mail address is: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you wish to participate but don’t have access to the internet, please telephone the Town Clerk (on 01736-710234) BEFORE 12.00 hours on 12th October so that arrangements can be made for one of the Councillors to “host” you and take your call.
- Prayers by the Mayor’s Chaplain
- Public Participation
- Declarations of Interest
- Mayor’s Report
- Minutes of the Council meeting held on 22nd September 2020
- Matters arising from previous Minutes
- Minute 094 of 07/20 (Footpath 14)
- Minute 136 of 10/20 (Beacon Brazier)
- Minute 423(b)(xi) of 19/19 (paint steps between Turnpike Road and St. Levan Road)
- Minute 066 of 05/20 (Stone at entrance to Warspite Way)
- Minute 462(b) of 22/19 (Asset Risk Assessments)
- Minute 157(a) of 11/20 (Damage to the Dollan)
- Minute 180(a) of 13/20 (Bins for Folly Field and Gwallon Lane playgrounds)
- Minute 180(c) of 13/20 (Cycle rack in Folly Field)
- Minute 187(a) of 14/20 (parking restrictions at the cemetery)
- Minute 187(b) of 14/20 (Town “Walkabout”)
- Cemetery – gravestones, seats and cremation plots
- Turnpike Road bus stop graffiti
- Oates Road
- The Well seat in North Street
- Minute 191(b) of 14/20 (Armistice Parade)
- Minute 191(c) of 14/20 (Square toilets, opening time)
- Minute 184(A) of 15/20 (Flooding in Green Lane)
- Minute 206(a) of 15/20 (Refurbishment of Gwallon Lane playground)
- Minute 206(d) of 15/20 (Purchase of second lap-top for accountant)
- Minute 213 of 16/20 (property in Shop Hill)
9. Appointment of new Town Clerk/RFO – to resolve to approve the appointment of the new Town Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer (Proper Officer)
10. Spend for additional fencing Gwallon playground – to resolve to approve retrospectively monies spent on extra fencing needed.
11. Marazion Town Council e-mail/cyber security – to receive a report to approve the application for a dedicated.gov.uk domain name for the Town Council and the introduction of dedicated e-mail addresses .gov.uk for Members and Town Clerk using Microsoft Office 365
a) Statement of Accounts (Estimated)
- Current Account £100
- High Interest Business Account £38,143.29
- NS & I Account £189,673.02
Petty Cash spent in September £0.00
Please note: – it is intended that an accurate statement of accounts will be prepared for the next town council meeting 27th October 2020.
Account for Payments
- James D. Jacoby (Final salary)
- HM Revenue & Customs (Tax and NI)
- St. Aubyn No 9 account (sundry rents: Long Barn & Fair Green,
- Henfor bus shelter, The Dollen, allotments) £110.05
- St. Aubyn No 2 account (Folly Field east rent) £6.00
- Vaughan Glover (Folly playground reports and work) £180.00
- Mr. John Nicholas (to reimburse tile glue purchased) £8.99
- Complete Business Solutions Group Ltd. (stationery) £315.22
- Outdoor Play People £16,566.48 (incl VAT)
- Long Rock Memorials (the late Mrs. Riddell’s inscription) £ 35.00
- Penwith Funeral Services (the late Mr. Cock interment) £648.75
- Penwith Funeral Services (the late Mrs. Matthews interment) £648.75
- Toilet Donations box (Folly Field WC) £274.00
- Mrs. Toll (allotment rent) £ 15.00
- Mr. Kevern (allotment rent) £ 15.00
a) Applications for Planning Permission
PA20/07132. Construction of two storey extension to incorporate lift (balconies previously approved PA13/11652). Camelot House, Road between Green Lane and the Square. Mr. G. Stubbs
PA20/08001. Application for works to tree within Conservation Area. To reduce height and density of an Elm tree. Marazion Methodist Church, Fore Street
PA20/07916. Non-material amendment in relation to decision notice PA19/06367. Hogus View, Green Lane. Chris Guellard & Sally Thorburn.
PA20/07763. Listed Building Consent. Replacement natural slate roof finish to the main roof areas. Godolphin Arms. Mr. Harvey Thomas, St. Aubyn Estates
b) Application for Planning permission approved by Cornwall Council
PA20/06049. Mr. Patrick & Richardson (sic). The Old Manse, Trevenner Square. Refurbishment of existing flats, alterations to form a new apartment, external improvements and associated works.
PA20/06010. Mr. & Mrs. C. Wallis. Rose Cottage, Green Lane West. Replacement kitchen extension with terrace over, alterations and detached wooden cabin.
- Receive and approve Mr. Glover’s Folly Field playground reports for September
- South West Water Share Plus letter
- Letter of thank you from Cornwall Air Ambulance for the donation of £300 made by the Town Council.
12. Councillors’ Reports
13. Clerk’s Report
14. Confidential Matters – members of the public to be excluded.
Chairman of the Council to update the Council minute no 219 meeting