MARAZION TOWN COUNCIL
Meeting 18/20 22nd October 2020
TO ALL COUNCILLORS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a remote meeting of the Town Council at which your attendance is required and welcomed will be held online on Tuesday 27th October 2020 at 19.30 to transact the business specified on the agenda as set out.
To join the meeting please click on the link below or click the ‘Join Meeting’ button in the Zoom app and enter the meeting ID and Passcode.
Meeting ID: 841 6240 7077
Under the Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulation 2014, this meeting has been advertised as a public meeting and as such could be filmed or recorded by broadcasters, the media or members of the public.
The public are welcome at Marazion Town Council meetings. Members of the public are invited to ask questions or raise issues relevant to the work of the Town Council. 15 minutes is set aside for public participation and individual speakers are restricted to 3 minutes. Public participation is not part of the formal business of the Town Council however, a note will be made of matters raised and recorded within the minutes of the meeting.
Members of the public wishing to speak are to submit questions or statements in writing to the Town Clerk no less than 3 days before the date of the meeting.
(Open to the public)
To receive and note apologies given.
- Public Participation
- Declarations of Interest
To declare any disclosable interests relating to the items of business on the agenda.
To receive and consider any requests for dispensation (if any)
- Mayor’s Report – Matters of Urgency
- Clerks Report
- Correspondence Received
- Letter Marazion Decorative Lights Committee seeking permission to use part of the Maypole Gardens for their Christmas light display.
- Letter Mounts Bay Sailing Club seeking permissions to use the Folly Field for dinghy storage as from Saturday 21st August – Saturday 28th August 2021 (subject to public health regulations that may be in force).
- Letter Marazion Chamber of Commerce – results sheet for the judging of the allotments.
8. Councillors Reports
9. Minutes of the Council meeting held on 13th October September 2020
To consider, approve and sign the minutes of the Town Council meeting held on Tuesday 13th October 2020.
10 Matters arising from previous Minutes
- Minute 094 of 07/20 (Footpath 14) – item deferred from the 13th October 2020
- Minute 136 of 10/20 (Beacon Brazier) – to receive an update
- Minute 423(b)(xi) of 19/19 (paint steps between Turnpike Road and St. Levan Road) – item deferred from the 13th October 2020
- Minute 462(b) of 22/19 (Asset Risk Assessments)
- Minute 157(a) of 11/20 (Damage to the Dollan) – to receive an update.
- Minute 180(a) of 13/20 (Bins for Folly Field and Gwallon Lane playgrounds) – to receive and update.
- Minute 180(c) of 13/20 (Cycle rack in Folly Field) – item deferred from the 13th October 2020
- Minute 187(a) of 14/20 (parking restrictions at the cemetery) – item deferred from the 13th October 2020
- Minute 187(b) of 14/20 (“Town Walkabout”)
i Cemetery – gravestones, seats and cremation plots – see agenda report – item 10.
ii Turnpike Road bus stop graffiti – to receive an update.
iii The Well Seat in North Street – to receive an update.
- Minute 191(b) of 14/20 (Armistice Parade) – to receive an update.
- Minute 191(c) of 14/20 (Square toilets, opening time) – to receive an update
- Minute 184(A) of 15/20 (Flooding in Green Lane) – item deferred from the 13th October 2020
- Minute 206(a) of 15/20 (Refurbishment of Gwallon Lane playground) – to receive an update.
- Minute 213 of 16/20 (property in Shop Hill) – to receive an update.
11 Marazion Cemetery – to receive consider and resolve to approve the recommendations made in the report presented – Cllrs Reynolds, Collins and Nicholas.
12 Civic Service January 2021 – to consider and resolve to approve the cancellation of the annual Civic Service due to be held in January 2021 – Cllr Laity.
13 Financial Support, Marazion Town Trust – to consider the request made by the Marazion Town Trust for financial support towards the refurbishment of the Town Hall clock – Cllr Laity.
14 Folly Fields Toilets – to consider winter opening times.
15 Retention and Disposal Policy –to receive, consider and resolve to recommend the adoption of the ‘Retention and Disposal Policy as presented – Town Clerk
16 Privacy Notice and Consent Form – to receive, consider and resolve to adopt the Privacy Notice and Consent Form as presented – Town Clerk
a) Statement of Accounts (Estimated)
Current Account £100
High Interest Business Account £75,550.99
(balance as of the 6.10.2020)
NS & I Account £189, 673.02
(please note that this figure is an estimate)
Petty Cash spent in September £0.00
b) Account for Payments
- Biffa (emptying of the wheelie bin Folly Field) £204.12
- South West Water (Folly Field toilets) £1,714.29 (DD)
- Tidy Grounds Aug invoice (grass cutting various sites) £1,020
- Tidy Grounds Sept invoice (grass cutting various sites) £1,020
- Tidy Grounds Oct invoice (grass cutting various sites) £1,020
- HJG Bookeeping services (Jul, Aug, Sept £300
- Multesign (signage play area) £119.50
- Hamilton Ahearne Photography £30.00
- Card for former Clerk £2.00 (reimburse Cllr Reynolds)
- Kaspery PC security £34.99 (reimburse former Town Clerk)
- Royal British Legion Wreath of All Poppies x 3 £51.00
- Island Field Allotment No 9 £15.00
- Island Field Allotment No 19 £15.00
- Island Field Allotment No 5 £15.00
- Cremation £609.25
- Burial £1,041.25
- British Gas (electricity The Square) £728.48
a) Applications for Planning Permission
None received as of 21.10.2020
b) Application for Planning permission approved by Cornwall Council
Applicant: Chris Guellard & Sally Thorburn
Location: Hogus View Green Lane Marazion TR17 0HQ
Proposal: Non-Material Amendment in relation to decision notice PA19/06367
20 The Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Deems that all information held by this Council should be freely available to the public unless it falls under one of 23 exemptions.
21 Data Protection Act 2018
Precludes this authority from publishing the names, addresses or other private information of individuals unless written permission is given by the individual for such details to be made public.
Therefore, where necessary, personal details have been removed from the papers attached to ensure that information held is available, but individuals are protected.
Items which may be taken in the absence of the public and press on grounds that Exempt information may be disclosed as defined in the Local Government Act 1972 and Public Bodies (admissions) Act 1960.
To move that in the view of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted viz; information where public disclosure at this time may be prejudicial to the good business of the Council, it is in the public interest that they be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw in accordance with Standing Order 3d
22 Maypole Gardens
23 Citizenship Award
24 Covid Crisis Recognition