- Present: CllrsJohn Nicholas, Collins, Mrs. Reynolds, Trudgen, Vincent, Mrs. Edmonds and Clayton
- Apologies: Cllrs Hosking, Laity, Britten & Read & Cllr Sue Nicholas CC
- Visitors: None.
304.Election of a Councillor to chair the meeting. It was proposed by Cllr Edmonds, seconded by Cllr Nicholas, and carried unanimously, that Cllr Trudgen chair the meeting
305. Public Participation. None present, but during this period the Council discussed closing arrangements for the Folly Field toilets once the car-park season ended at the weekend. Cllr Edmonds proposed that Cllr Nicholas reclaim the Folly Field toilets key from the car park attendants and that he closes the toilets each night. This was seconded by Cllr Clayton and carried unanimously. It was also agreed that there should be a Toilets Subcommittee meeting before the next full Council meeting, if possible.
306 Minutes of the Council Meeting held on 9thOctober 2018.The Minutes having been circulated previously it was proposed by Cllr Nicholas, and seconded by Cllr Clayton that the minutes were deemed to be a true and correct record, carried unanimously.
Matters arising from previous Minutes.
307. Minute 300a. Cllr Reynolds reported that (a) Allotment 8a Island Field had been cleared and could now be re-let, prior to which a photograph of its condition should be taken (b) Keir have finished their work and reinstated the wall and (c) a report had been received about rats at an allotment at Island Field, due to chickens.
308 Councillors’ Reports
PA18/09431. Proposed external lifting platform and proposed dropped kerb for disabled access. 11 St. Levan Road. Mr. Donald Jehu. It was proposed by Cllr Edmonds and seconded by Cllr Clayton that the application be supported. This was carried unanimously.
PA18/08501. Certificate of Lawfulness for an existing use of land for the siting of an unrestricted residential caravan. The Caravan, Dove Meadows, Green Lane West. Mr. Gordon Floyd. It was proposed by Cllr Trudgen, seconded by Cllr Reynolds that that application be supported. Carried unanimously
It was noted that the following planning permissions had been granted:
PA18/06030& PA18/06031(Listed). Mr. & Mrs. M. Chapman. 3 Turnpike Road. Proposed reinstatement of the dwelling into two separate dwellings, proposed first and ground floor alterations, the reopening of two door openings, and the installation of a new internal staircase.
PA18/07459. Mr. Ramon van de Velde. Mount Haven Hotel, Turnpike Road. Small extensions and reconfiguration of glazing to lower ground floor restaurant and ground floor lounge bar.
PA18/08747. Mrs. Vivien Taylor. 2 Godolphin Avenue. Non material amendment to application PA13/02290 in respect of changing the window configuration on the south west elevation from a patio window with two side windows to a wider patio window with no side windows
And that no planning applications had been refused
Request from Cornwall Hospice Care for a donation
Request from Cruse Bereavement Care for a donation
In respect of both letters of request, it was proposed by Cllr Edmonds, seconded by Cllr Reynolds and resolved that in pursuance of the power conferred by section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972 and being of the opinion that the expenditure satisfies the requirements of this section and is in the interests of the area or its inhabitants and will benefit them in a manner commensurate with the expenditure, the Council approved the payment of £100.00 to both Cornwall Hospice Care and Cruse Bereavement Care.
311 Clerk’s report
The Clerk reported that he had completed the re-enrolment under the Pension Regulations
312 Financial and Confidential Matters.
Receive Bank Reconciliation Statement, Profit & Loss account, Prior year report and Budget Variance report for September. These, having previously been circulated, were noted and approved
- Toilet Box donations (to 08.10.18) – £225.00
- Viking Telescopes (telescope rent) – £100.00
- Dignity Funerals (interment of the late Mr. H. Renfree) – £591.00
- H M. Land Registry (refund of overpaid registration fee on Green Lane allotment) – £10.00
- Cornwall Council (2nd½ year Precept) – £26,653.50
- Cornwall Council (2nd½ year CTSG) – £1,791.35
- Mr. Johnson (hardstanding rent) – £150.00
- Ms Sainsbury (hardstanding rent) – £75.00
- Mr. Reid (hardstanding rent) – £75.00
- Mr. Garrett (garage rent) – £135.00
- Mr. Nicholas (garage rent) – £50.00
- Mounts Bay Sailing Club (dinghy pen rent) – £388.80
Approve the payments listed on the payments schedule
- Cllr Laity (to reimburse for poppy launcher. S137 payment. Minute194 of 19/18) – £38.55
- Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal (S.137 payment. Minute 301c of 19/18) – £300.00
- R W Beard (sexton fees for interment of Mr. Renfree) – £300.00
- Jewson Ltd (Links for playground repair) – £23.04
- Cornish Heritage Builders Ltd. (repairs to Folly Field WCs in September) – £81.02
- Cornish Heritage Builders (2 invoices for plumbing works to toilets) total – £540.10
Direct Debit payments
EDF (Sundry electricity accounts) – £186.00
Pennon Water SWW (Folly Field WCs water and sewerage) – £1,536.94
British Gas (Square WCs electricity) – £57.76
It was proposed Cllr Edmonds and seconded Cllr Vincent that the payments be paid, carried unanimously
313. There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 20.05 hours.