- Present: Cllrs Mrs. Hosking, Laity, Britten, John Nicholas, Clayton, Collins, Read, Trudgen, Mrs. Edmonds, Mrs. Reynolds and Vincent
- Apologies: Mrs. Sue Nicholas CC
- Visitors: None
- Public Speaking. None
Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th November 2017
321 The Minutes having been circulated previously it was proposed by Cllr Britten and seconded Cllr Trudgen that the minutes were deemed to be a true and correct record, carried unanimously.
Matters arising from previous Minutes
322 Minutes 299(d) and 306. (East End Garages). The clerk, having previously circulated a copy of the letter he had drafted to send to Stephens Scown, the Council expressed themselves happy with it and wished it to be sent as soon as possible. The clerk was also instructed to send, by “signed for” post, a hard copy of the e-mail previously sent out.
323. Cllr Read reported on the recent, productive, meeting at the Folly Field playground with representatives from HAGS-RSS and that their written response was still awaited.
324 Applications for planning permission
PA17/05720. Demolition of existing dwelling and replacement single storey three bedroom dwelling, along with erection of a two bedroom self contained annex. Works to secure stabilization to sea wall with shuttered concrete, reinforcement at base and soil nail and mesh protection to upper cliff edge, erection of stair access for maintenance. Reduction of existing footpath from garden gate to cliff edge. Akron, Oates Road. Mr. & Mrs. John Gentle. Before this application was discussed, Cllrs Vincent and Read declared interests and left the room. Cllr Vincent did not return until after the Council had decided the application. Cllr Read remained outside the room until PA17/09984 had been decided. After noting written comments concerning the public right of way, it was proposed by Cllr Clayton and seconded by Cllr John Nicholas that the application be opposed on the grounds (a) lack of information concerning the disposal of surface water drainage (b) the public footpath should not be stopped up because it has been used as evidenced by residents who have objected already (c) the plans indicate that erosion of the cliff will still take place under the stabilisation work and this will affect the main sewer that runs within the curtilage of the site. Carried unanimously
PA17/09984. Proposed agricultural building with storage above. Godrev, School Lane. Mr. & Mrs. R. Hunt. Prior to leaving the room before PA17/05720 was discussed Cllr Read declared an interest in this application and remained outside the room until it had been decided. Cllr Laity declared an interest in this application and left the room before it was discussed and returned, with Cllr Read, only after it had been decided. It was proposed by Cllr Edmonds, seconded by Cllr Britten and carried unanimously, that the application be opposed on the grounds that (a) this was not an agricultural building as the plans provided for walls of 300mm thickness, and had Velux windows (from which overlooking issues could arise) (b) glass isn’t permitted in agricultural buildings and (c) there had been lack of notification of neighbours (d) the Council endorsed the objections made by residents to the application.
Any others received by the time of the meeting on 28th November 2017. None
It was noted that the following planning permission had been granted:
PA17/08767. Mr. A. Wilson. Avonmor, Wheal an Wens. Erection of conservatory to rear.
And that no planning applications had been refused
325 The clerk reported that the following had been received:-
- Marazion Folly Fest date (19th August 2018). The Council agreed that the Festival could take place on 19th August 2018.
- Letter from Cruse Bereavement Care for a donation. It was proposed by Cllr Britten, seconded by Cllr Trudgen and resolved that in pursuance of the power conferred by section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972 and being of the opinion that the expenditure satisfies the requirements of this section and is in the interests of the area or its inhabitants and will benefit them in a manner commensurate with the expenditure, the Council approved the payment to Cruse Bereavement Care of a Grant of £100.00
- E-mail dated 21st November from Dr. & Mrs. Price to erect scaffolding in the Memorial Garden. The Council expressed itself happy to agree to this request
326 The clerk reported on the following.
- Asset risk assessments. The clerk ran through the various assessments to be done, and councillors volunteered to carry out the assessments
- Neighbourhood Plan “drop-in” surgeries on 5th December. Cllrs Edmonds and Britten agreed to go. The clerk was asked to book a session.
- Civic Service. The clerk ran through various matters and was instructed that the date of the Civic Service was 14th January 2018 (in the Church), and that the Citizen of the Year trophy should be ordered.
Financial and Confidential matters
327 Receive Profit and Loss account, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Prior Year Report and Budget Variance report for Octoberr 2017. These having been previously circulated were noted.
328 Appointment of Mr. Hudson as Internal Auditor. It was proposed by Cllr Britten, seconded by Cllr Vincent and carried unanimously, that Mr. Hudson be reappointed Internal Auditor
329 Appointment of External Auditor. The clerk advised that PKF Littlejohn LLP had been appointed External Auditors
330 Receipts and Payments
- St. Aubyn Estates (quarter’s rent for Beach Box and car park) £12,175.00
- EDF (direct credit on adjustment of Folly Field electric charge) £ 26.64
- Mr. F. I. J. Nicholas (Garage rent) £ 50.00
Approve the payments listed on the payments schedule
- R Beard (Sexton’s fees for interments of the late Messrs. Taylor and Derrington) £600.00
- Marazion Carnival (S.137 grant to Marazion Folly Fest. Minute 306 of 19/17) £500.00
- Marazion & District Chamber of Commerce (subscription) £40.00
- Vaughan Glover (treating 3 benches at Folly Field) £270.00
- Sailflags (Merchant Navy Day flag) £30.00
- Graham Bull Electrical Services (work in clerk’s office) £256.49
- Richard Tucker (gardening works) £75.00
- British Gas (DD electricity for Folly Field WCs) £79.99
- EDF (Sundry electricity DDs) £164.00
It was proposed Cllr Britten and seconded Cllr Edmonds that the payments be paid, carried unanimously.
331 There being no further business the Mayor closed the meeting at 20.45 hours.