Meeting minutes, 25th May 2020

Minutes of Marazion Covid Coordination Forum ‘Zoom’ conference 8.00pm Monday 25th May 2020 Item   Action Present Town Mayor Derek Laity (Chair),  Deputy Mayor William Collins, & Cllr Gabbie Reynolds (Marazion Town Council), Julia Greig (All Saints Church) , Mike Kearnon (Marazion Covid Support Group), Paul Elliott (Mz Chamber of Commerce), Jenny Rainbow (Head Teacher […]
  1. Minutes of Marazion Covid Coordination Forum ‘Zoom’ conference

8.00pm Monday 25th May 2020

Item   Action
Present Town Mayor Derek Laity (Chair),  Deputy Mayor William Collins, & Cllr Gabbie Reynolds (Marazion Town Council), Julia Greig (All Saints Church) , Mike Kearnon (Marazion Covid Support Group), Paul Elliott (Mz Chamber of Commerce), Jenny Rainbow (Head Teacher Marazion School), Rev Paul Benney (Methodist), Mike Kearnon (Marazion Covid Support Group),

 

 
Apologies Jackie Brown (Marazion Surgery)  
Minutes Minutes of 18th May duly approved for publication on Marazion.info website.

 

PE to publish minutes.
Matters arising MK to ensure routine volunteer activity is properly recorded – Done

PE to post surgery closed on BH Monday message on FB site – Done

PE to check with Solomon Browne fund to see how the system operates & report to next meeting. – Called twice – No response

 

 

 

PE to keep trying Solomon Browne

Vulnerable families GR has identified 2 families from top of town and 1 from west side needing support. Last items from MBSC have been taken to school for JR to distribute.

JR has stock for 7 families for 2 weeks. An extra 5 families now qualify for free school meals.

JR is liaising with Humphrey Davey School to ensure senior school families not falling through the net. They are providing packed meals for collection by parents or vouchers if families are a long way off.

MK said Staff at Morrisions have been generous with 15% discount on click & collect.

GR said we also need to use Penwithian and be ‘creative’ with available funding.

JR has £250 remaining from Rotary Club donation.

PE said the £500 anonymous donation would best be channeled via the Chapel rather than Town Council so it could be ‘gift aided’ making the donation worth £600 – PB agreed the Chapel could administer the donated funds. Purchases would be re-ibursed upon production of a receipt.

Agreed that assistance provided would be by essential items not cash. JR said that items purchased could be stored at the school.

JR to put together list of items required for an essential item box.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JR to put together list of items required for essential item box.

MzCSG MK said shopping done for 11 households. Shop now on Tues, Thursday and Saturday.

MK continues to be in contact with MS and JH re welfare needs

Everything was running smoothly.

 
Town Council DL said the Town Council fed back to SAE that it was too early to open the Folly Field car park.

JG said the car park would probably be opened this coming Saturday (30th May).

DL said the Town Council were now meeting as ‘normal’; via Zoom on every other Tuesday and the Town Clerk is now working from the office on Mondays and Wednesdays, and from home other days

JG said SAE had removed the bins from the Folly Field – DL will look into this with SAE

 

 

 

 

 

DL to speak with SAE re bins

School JR said work was continuing a phased and cautious approach to reopening on 1st June. The Government language was changing so that not all schools will be expected to open. Parents have the right not to send children back.

JR said it was a good thing that children will learn to wash hands more often and maintain good respiratory health. Children will be more aware and this will help with pandemic prevention.

The school day will look very different. On-line learning will continue to be provided. All staff are engaged in the return despite the Union standpoint.

School will be closed for ½ term – reopening on 1st June for Reception and Y6.

 
Chamber of Commerce Businesses continue to operate as much as possible – Fish & Chip shop has now re-started with very effective screens in place to enable social distancing.

Some retail including Market Stalls and Car Showrooms are to open on 1st June. Other ‘non-essential’ shops are due to re-open on 15th June.

StMMt has donated more fudge which has been given to JR for distribution

 
Churches PB and JG said telephone pastoral support was being maintained.

DL enjoyed PB’s recent youtube service.

 
  Meeting closed at 8.32pm

Next forum Zoom meeting will be 8pm on Monday 1st June

 

 

  These Minutes were approved for publication on 1st June 2020