Following the instructions around movement and gatherings from the Prime Minister on 23 March 2020, at the moment it is still permitted to visit your plot, to take daily exercise on your own or with members of your household. It is vitally important that you follow all the advice about social distancing and hygiene in the points below and not gather together on site.
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly.
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks.
- DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart.
- Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres.
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
- Do not share tools.
- Minimise the contact with each other, for example no handshakes.
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs.
- Any plot-holder who is self-isolating because a household member is ill with corona-virus should not be visiting the site.
The decision to keep the allotments open will be guided by Government advice and kept under review. Please enjoy your allotment but follow the guidelines and STAY SAFE.